Location: Cleveland, Ohio
CW Industrial Partners is a private equity investment firm located in Cleveland, Ohio that makes control investments in lower middle market companies. We invest in manufacturing and industrial service companies with $3 to $12 million of EBITDA.
The firm was founded in 1999 and we are currently investing out of our fourth committed fund of $125 million. Over two decades of investing in the lower middle market, we’ve deployed capital in businesses with greater than $500 million of cumulative enterprise value. We have enjoyed a demonstrated track record of historical success partnering with owner-operator and family-owned businesses. Given the growth of the firm and expansion of the number of companies in the portfolio, we are looking for a Pre-MBA Associate to join our growing team in Cleveland.
Associates will be a contributing member of the investment team and involved in all aspects of CW Industrials business, which would include evaluating platform investments and add-on opportunities, as well as working with management teams of our portfolio companies on strategic initiatives. This position will give associates multiple opportunities to work with portfolio company management teams on critical projects.
• Investment Evaluation – Identify, screen and evaluate new investment opportunities and help with transaction analysis and execution
• Transaction Structuring – Provide transaction structuring and complex financial modeling support for new investment opportunities (platform and add-on)
• Investment Analysis – Conduct investment analysis, due diligence, underwriting and financing activities and prepare investment memorandums
• Portfolio Company Initiatives – Lead portfolio company strategic and financial value creation initiatives including financial analysis, add-on acquisitions, management of key measurements by working directly with senior leadership, etc.
• Industry and Market Research – Conduct industry research and market analysis for portfolio companies and new investments
• Key Participant – Participate in meetings with management teams, financing sources, M&A intermediaries and investors
Desired Skills and Experience
• 1 to 3 years of M&A transaction execution experience in investment banking, private equity or mezzanine financing
• Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated educational excellence
• Excellent financial statement analysis, industry research, complex modeling, accounting principles, valuation and Microsoft Office skills
• Comprehensive skill in analyzing investment opportunities including a thorough evaluation of all aspects of a company’s business attributes, risks and investment merits
• Entrepreneurial skill set with the desire and ability to succeed in a small firm as a team player
• Ability to handle decision making under pressure
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to dialog with senior management and senior partners, and communicate effectively to the entire team
• Ability to work independently and meet demanding deadlines
• Strong ethics and values
This opportunity has a competitive compensation structure.
If you are interested in the position, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your experience and interest in the position to Andrew Foster.
CW Industrial Partners intends to begin interviews ASAP