“Manufacturing capabilities matter – not only to fuel the economy in good times but also to keep it functioning in times of crisis.”
At CW Industrial Partners
- Joined full-time in 2021 as a Senior Associate
- Summer Associate in 2020
- Steve Hruby’s primary responsibilities include screening and analysis of acquisition opportunities, conducting due diligence and procuring deal financing, assisting portfolio companies with governance and monitoring initiatives as well as special projects
- EY (Transaction Advisory Services) – Valuation, Modeling & Economics
- EY (Transaction Advisory Services) – Financial Diligence / Transaction Support
- Piper Sandler (Investment Banking)
- PwC (Assurance)
- CFA Charterholder
- CPA (Ohio – Inactive)
- The Amos Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College – MBA
- John Carrol University – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
What excites you about industrial manufacturing?
My father and grandfather spent their entire careers designing and manufacturing airplane wheels at Alcoa and components at Swagelok. I have great appreciation for the men and women operating machines on the factory floor, and I truly believe that manufacturing’s importance in America goes far beyond what happens at the factory itself. Manufacturing carries implications for the entire economy, our national security, and the well-being of all Americans. Pursuing a career at CapitalWorks is my way of investing in its future, ensuring manufacturing continues to be a domestic strength for generations to come.
How do you spend your time away from work?
In the summer, you might find me enjoying a country concert at Blossom, biking the towpath trail, soaking up the sun at Edgewater Beach, or rooting for the Tribe at the ballpark. In the winter, I enjoy hitting the slopes skiing, guarding the net in a game of ice hockey, and rooting on the Browns. I love hopping around local breweries with friends, enjoying the latest craft beer. I also enjoy staying active and taking advantage of my home gym most mornings from my home in Battery Park before heading to the office.